Saturday, November 07, 2009

Green Saturday- Eco Friendly Defined

I was shopping around for a recycled DVD option for when I give my clients a CD of images and came across this, which I thought was a great blurb about what some of the recycled jargon means!

(FYI, I took it straight from this site- http://www.ideareplication.com/eco_DigiPak.shtml)


What does it really mean?


Post-consumer waste:

This is waste from paper or board products that have completed their usefulness as a consumer item and have been collected through recycling programs. From an environmental perspective, the more post-consumer waste a recycled product contains, the better.

Recycled paper or board:

This contains wood fiber from paper or board that has been used before and recuperated. It can be a combination of pre-consumer waste (scraps and trimming from the paper manufacturing process), post-consumer waste and virgin fiber.

Biodegradable:

A biodegradable product that decomposes naturally, broken down by other living organisms such as fungi, algae or bacteria.


Unfortunately I'm not finding any options for recycled DVD cases out there on a consumer level. So if anyone hears anything let me know!!! :0)

---
Laura Siivola- Photographer.
Organic wedding and portrait photography based in the Phoenix Arizona area.
laurasiivolaphotographer.com

No comments: