Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Something Old, Something New!

I had an awesome family shoot with the Woods last weekend!!! Here's another technique I've wanted to try- it's all about the texture.


When I was shooting this I was thinking umm- not exactly the greatest backgound, I have to move! So I did, but when I got home and uploaded it I thought how perfect for a layered image!

Basically you'll want to grab a cool free texture from a site like this one- http://www.mayang.com/textures/
and drag it on top of the image you'd like texture in! You should stretch the texture so it covers the entire image and then change it's layer mode- I think I used multiply on this one, but check them all out because they each have different effects. Usually you'll want to desaturate the layer too but I liked how it looked in this one so I kept its color. Then I went over with the eraser tool the parts I didn't want grunge- like their faces!


I love it!!! So Fun! :0)

No comments: