Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, it's been a long week- my daughter was sick and of course I was destined to get sick too!

Thankfully since I saw it coming I was able to drink lots and lots of vitamin C!!! My cold only lasted three days while my poor little girl is still toughing it out. I was trying to stay positive and thought she might be well enough to join the turkey feast but with 8 more little ones under the age of seven I think it's better if we don't spread it around. I'll make sure to bring lots of leftovers for her and tons of the fabulous pie me by Aunt HeHe! (by the way, that' toddler speak for Tiffany and it was so cute it stuck!)

So I have been pretty busy and the reason I didn't blog last week is because I was away at an awesome retreat with a few fellow photographers...

Work Less, Live More!!!

It was so awesome! Four photographers drove up to Pinetop, AZ. It was beautiful and the fall colors were great (because as you may know, here in the Phoenix area we just don't see that!) But alas, we spent most of our time inside working! Each night we went over one photographers business plan and portfolio for critique and redirection. It was awesome! So be on the look out for some new things coming from me. I've been bad about posting the new work on my website mostly because I'm getting a new one!!! I'm so excited about it! I just can't wait to get started! :0)

So here are a few images from the long weekend!

Sara, working at her laptop...


Michelle, working(?) at her laptop :0P (are you noticing a theme here???)


Me, after someone stole my own camera away from me laughing "you won't be blogging this!"
Fine! :0P


We posted up words that describe our images and where we want to go with our business. Mine were Fresh, Organic and Natural. (Aren't organic and natural the same thing???) Hmmm... sounds like I'm describing a dairy product!!! I had modern in mind but the girls thought those three really fit my stuff. Let me know what you think!


And here, once again- stealing my camera from me! FUN! :0)


I have so much more to blog about but it will have to wait. So thanks you guys! You helped so much and it was a blast hanging with you (even though my back was sore from working at the laptop too much!) hehe! :0)

1 comment:

Lauren Cohn-Frankel said...

Since you mention branding/marketing, I just wanted to let you know what a fabulous job you've done branding yourself on your blog--the colors, the images, the text...everything really makes a clear statement of who you and your work are and who your brides/clients should be. I wish it was that intuitive for me! Excellent job. ++


Lauren Cohn-Frankel